I love the New Year. I don’t think so much about what I “accomplished” but more about the memories I made. More than anything else, my goal last year and this year was to put 100% into home life and most of that doesn’t get documented on social media. Instead, like a dinner you spend hours making, it gets consumed in a matter of minutes, you feel good, and move on to the next memory.
2017 was the ultimate year of balance for me. I learned to take care of myself, my family, and my work and giving all them attention made me feel good. Putting effort into your home or yourself actually affects everything else more positively.
2018? This will be a time to create community. To volunteer. To help others. Can’t wait.
In the mean time, here are my favourites from 2017.
- Beautycounter. By far one of my favourite skincare brands because of their approach. Skincare that’s not bad for you and also looks and feels luxurious. I love their oil more than anything else.
- Kerastase. So much to love from this hair care line, and switching to it really made my hair grow too. I fell in love with Aura Botanica because it was more natural, and Discipline Curl because it kept my curly hair hydrated.
- Make Up For Ever Translucent Powder. This was my fav. Proof is that I hit pan on it and just kept on going.
- Laneige. From sheet masks to my favourite lip balm, this brand has all the things anyone needs to keep their skin super hydrated.5. Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Nude Fresh Water foundation. I loved this and recommended it to everyone who asked me about foundation. Finally, makeup that lasts and lasts but looks natural too. Also, this was one of my most liked images on Instagram so I think that’s saying something. Everytime I mentioned Double Wear, I got a knowing nod from makeup enthusiasts, which is saying something!
6. Retinol. So many brands and they’re all so good. If you want to see your skin change rapidly and for good, then you need to add a retinol to your routine. No, you’re not too young (the answer to the question I get asked most often). It fights acne, takes care of fine lines, and even makes skin more hydrated thanks to improved turnover which can help get rid of dry skin. It’s not like a glycolic which can be drying and works quicker too.
7. L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise was my favourite mascara and I’ll keep purchasing it as long as I can find it.
8. I also used this Dior Concealer so much that it finished. Will repurchase also. When was the last time you ran out of a concealer???