Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner

Curly hair can be difficult to style – you want it to look healthy and for the curls to be defined, but it can’t be heavy or greasy.  Bonus if it actually nourishes your hair instead of drying it out or coating it with tons of silicone which can leave your hair brittle and more prone to breakage.

One of my favourite products for curly hair is the Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner, and I’m writing about it again because I just noticed it at my local Shoppers Drug Mart.  This used to be one of those products that I’d order online or go into a special store for, but I’m so happy that I don’t have to do that anymore.

t also adds an incredible amount of shine to the hair and helps define curls as well so that they aren’t prone to frizz.

There’s another bonus, however, that far outweighs all the ones I mentioned above. The best part about this conditioner is that it somehow prevents hair from becoming overly tangled. Fewer tangles means that when you’re brushing your hair, less will fall out! For that reason alone, Mixed Chicks Leave-In is worth a try and has become a staple for me.

Because of this leave-in conditioner, the Mixed Chicks brand has become almost a cult favorite in the US. In Canada, you can find it at Curl Ambassadors, and I think that no matter what your hair type this might be a conditioner that you’ll fall in love with too.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

10 Responses to Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner

1. Anonymous February 21, 2007 at 7:55 pm #

anywhere else I can find it??

2. Henna February 22, 2007 at 10:55 am #

You can also order Mixed Chicks products from their website.

3. nadienne April 4, 2007 at 12:29 am #

I SO love this product! I got a sample of the leave-in conditioner a while ago, but because I had just straightened my hair, and I was going away in two weeks, I decided to save it. I washed my hair before I left, and put hte leave-in conditioner in my hair… instant love! Because I was going to Jamaica, I knew for a fact that this was definetly going to be needed! 10 days, 4 washes, and everytime my hair looked healthy and wonderful! I need to get to the salon and book an appointment! How much do they charge?! I live in Mississauga, so this’ll be quite a trek… hopefully they’ll start selling products around my place!

4. Henna April 4, 2007 at 8:24 pm #

It certainly is a great product! I’m still using it religiously and my hair is definitly longer and healthier. If you want to go to Curl Ambassadors, your best bet is to just call them and ask them prices – but I assure you that they’re quite reasonable for a nice place. The staff is friendly and the care is exceptional so do check them out. Good luck!

5. Nikki February 25, 2009 at 5:47 am #

Hi! I am from London and mixed chicks has only recently come out here. I was looking to buy the whole set (just because there is NOTHING specifically for my hair here so I just tend to use really moisturising products. However, I heard that the shampoo wasn’t really necessary and its only the deep conditioner and the leave in conditioner that really does anything?

Has anyone tried and seen a difference with/out the shampoo and the hair silk? Thanks!x

6. Sherry April 27, 2009 at 9:03 am #

I got a sample of Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner along with some other curly hair products that I had bought and I thought I’d give it a try one day,………..Well everyone was complimenting me on how shiny and defined my curls were.
    My hair felt soft and shiny and healthy for the first time EVER and I’m almost 50.
    I ordered lots of this stuff right away 🙂
    I have a cupboard full of products that I don’t use so I know how great this Mixed Chicks leave in is.

7. Kellie Warren May 1, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

i have question for you. I am in NL and i would like to know the price for all together
    shampoo , conditioner treatment in
    included shipping

Thanks

8. Henna May 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm #

Ask their website.

9. Faezeh Shafiee. June 30, 2012 at 9:15 pm #

Could you please tell me where I can buy this product in Oakville Ontario?

10. Faux Filter Foundation November 9, 2017 at 5:18 am #

Although it sounds great. I’ll definitely try out this wonderful Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner soon and wanna check how well it will work for me.