Your Healthy Recipe of The Week

So Bobby – my trainer at Gold’s Gym – has put me on a little bit of a diet so that I can reach my goal of having super abs by the time summer comes. She has basically told me to cut out all the sugar from my diet. Refined carbs, dairy, and cookies are all culprits so I’m trying my best to stay away from them. The first week went great, but today has been harder, I have to admit.

In any case, no matter what meal plan you’re on, an important part of your day is having a healthy breakfast, and Bobby shared with me her recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes.

These are a lot different from regular pancakes – they do not have pancake texture – but they do the job.

The recipe is simple:

1/4 cup of oats
1/4 cup of eggwhites

Mix in a bowl and fry on your frying pan until done. You can add flavour with nuts, raisins, cranberries, cinnamon, nutmeg, basically anything but sugar.

I know what you’re thinking. When Bobby told me about the recipe, I thought it was gross and totally unappealing. But then I tried it and it’s not bad at all! I’ve been doing variations of it daily and it fills me up until snack time. I’m going to try grinding up the oats one day, but I haven’t been because it’ll add time to the whole prep process. Anyway, they say that diet determines 80% of how much you look, and working out is the other 20%, and I gotta tell you that I noticed a difference last week when I stuck to Bobby’s diet.

If you have easy healthy recipes to share with me, please post them below!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
This entry was posted in More Than Beauty and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.